Monday, January 12, 2009

CHRiSTMAS 2008 ( a way overdue post...)
 

Firstly our Christmas Dinner table wreath.....the long one from Pollon. I asked for a round wreath which was cheaper ($80) but Nicholas (the owner) gave me a long one ($160) for the price of a round one!!! Whoopeeee!! Yay!! Such a  nice guy.... guess He'll be my favourite florist now!

 

Because I wanted a round one too...I came across this one at the Camberwell fresh food market for a bargain at $30!!! I was being a bit cheapo by asking for a 'better price' and I could tell the guy selling it was about to roll his eyes at me because $30 was already the heavily reduced price at 4.50 pm on christmas eve..... But then how can you blame me for trying during this terrible financial period? Any savings is better than none..hehhee.

Presenting Our Christmas Tree

  
 

The first ever Van's Christmas Turkey 


Turkey with Chestnut, chorizo sausage, porcini mushroom stuffing. 
Served with Chive Gravy. 

Preparing the turkey wasn't as hard as i thought it would be...it was a bit intimidating but it sure is Do-able and I'm looking forward to my next one. A bit time consuming too....but it was yummy! My recipe for this was actually a combination from a few sources...Oprah.com and ABC's Delicious Christmas book.


Sides : Refreshing salad (Watercress, baby cos lettuce, prawns, mangoes, caramelised walnuts
             Balsamic shallots (no picture)
             Roasted Garlic Rosemary Potatoes (no picture)

No comments: