Monday, December 14, 2009

All Things Pretty & Weird

When was the last time milk arrived in glass bottles?
I usually don't purchase organic things because of the hefty price but this one I could not resist because it was too cute...and I'm a sucker for pretty packaging so I had to buy it. The milk tasted like milk, a bit watery but then all skim milk are not creamy (Except for Zymil). This bottle is now serving as a water container ^^ So nothing is put to waste.

We were over the moon 1.5 months ago to discover a nest with 2 eggs in our backyard. I would go visit the mama bird daily...watch her while she nests her eggs and coo away. Daddy bird was also present but he perches away on a tree nearby.... I managed to take a picture of the two birds (pigeons...i think) up on our chimney roof. You'd have to look closely for the second bird.
But.....tragedy occured.....Evil possums came at night and ATE the eggs.... I HATE POSSUMS


Pretty cherry blossom trees
Taken while we were on our way to Falls Creek for a ski getaway weekend.
It was the end of winter... but there was still some snow



Whilst we are on the theme of pretty flowers..
Chrysanthenum flowers in a teapot....floating away...like little fairies
(occasionally u'll find little black insects)....eeww


And now for the UGLY post...
Guess what this is?
..
..
..
..
Its an EGG VOLCANO!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Yiing2 said...

nice looking milk packaging!! I'm a sucker for pretty packaging too, which explains why I like Japan products so muchie!
Where did you get the Chrysanthemum? It looks very fresh!

Aa the Missus said...

Very pretty chryssy tea! And what's that egg volcano? Did you put the egg in the microwave or something? Hehehehe...

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

van said...

Sorry everyone for not updating my blog. As u know me, I'm pretty slack and I promise will do so soon because the photos are piling up in my camera and can't wait to show you my holiday achievements!

Ying: the Chrysanthenum flowers are just normal dried up ones from the supermarket. They look pretty hideous when they're dehydrated but once you pour the hot water in, and tip away the first lot, they look like little dancing fairies ^^

Aa: How's Indo? How was the wedding reception? You must have stocked up so much food for your pantry...hmmm...can't wait for your Indo-styled dinner... ayam kuning........

Oh the Egg thing is actually from the Egg poacher I had. I think the egg was too cold when i put it in the poacher. so it decided to explode... and boy does it look ugly. Guess who ate the ugly bits? Muffin^^

Anonymous: Thanks for reading my blog. I haven't been doing as much as previous years but will try my best. Do i know you?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Unknown said...

Very Nice Post .. Thanks for Sharing
Valentines Day 2015,Happy Valentines Day Greeting Cards,Happy Valentines Day 2015,Valentines Day Quotes,Happy Valentines Day,Valentines Day Cards,Valentines Day 2015 Cards, Valentines Day Images, Happy Valentines Day Cards, Valentines Day Greetings,Valentines Day ideas for Her, Valentines Day Photos,Bigg Boss Halla Bol Winner,Bigg Boss 8 Winner

Unknown said...

Amazing Post .. Thanks For Sharing
ICC World Cup Live Score, ICC Cricket World Cup Live Score, Cricket World Cup Live Score, ICC World Cup 2015 Live Score, ICC World Cup Prediction, ICC World Cup 2015 Prediction, Cricket World Cup Prediction, Cricket World Cup 2015 Prediction, ICC Cricket World Cup Match Results, ICC Cricket World Cup Points table, Cricket World Cup Predictions, Cricket World Cup Match Results, Cricket World Cup Points table, World Cup 2015 Live Score, Icc World Cup live, cricket World Cup live, Bigg Boss Halla Bol Winner