Monday, March 09, 2009

Hyacinths & Chicken

These are the two things that I absolutely adore
Hmm besides the other million things that seem to reduce my bank balance

Few things about me:
1) I love eating chicken
2) I don't like eating lamb stuff
3) I'm scared of porky smell (thats why always buy female pork)
4) Beef...must be cooked til its BURNT...no blood please.
5) Love flowers...except smelly ones (i.e very few...maybe only stargazers)
6) Love flowers (did i already mention it?)

I stumbled across this beautiful/dangerous shop in Auburn 2 weeks ago. I call it a BLACK shop because once you step into the shop, your nose is filled with the most enchanting smell of lavender, bergomet, camomile, etc etc..and I'm certain a spell was cast on me because money flew out of my purse not long after..... but I was a happy....even though i was a few bucks poorer.

The shop is called Handmade @ 134 Auburn Road, Auburn. Will remember to post pictures of any items I purchase from there. 


This Chicken thing I bought from there is actually a door stopper. Its made from some suede-flannel like material, and its filled with lavender, camomile and all things nice. I can't bear it sitting on the floor (just in case my dog decides he wants to pee on it) so I've placed it on our chinese round dining table with my Hyacinths. Note the teapot doubling as a vase! The chicken comes in a smaller size, and different colours...for the pantry...to ward off any moths or pesty insects. 

Oh and lunch/dinner this week was Grilled Cha-su with cold Soba noodles + miso soup. I made enough to last me two dinners and two lunches. I was pretty sick of it after that....... 



Sorry about taking so many pics starring the Chicken

Will upload my birthday post soon!!
 



3 comments:

Aa the Missus said...

That is one SUPER CUTE chicken!

van said...

Need to take you to that shop ASAP!!!!!
Don't worry, they accept credit card! ahhahah

Aa the Missus said...

Just need the hubbib to work harder. I hope he doesn't cancel my credit card. Huahahahaha!!