Saturday, May 26, 2007

Feelin a bit "Conservative"



Conservative dentistry!!!! My first restoration....still not on a real patient yet. Probably will be Very Afraid when the time comes to see one. I think I did a pretty good job on this tooth. What did I do on this tooth...lets see...

-prepare the cavity (high speed handpiece, diamond bur)
-remove carious bits (slow speed handpiece, round bur)
-"condition" it (Ketac cavity Conditioner)
-Line it with Glass Ionomer Cement (Fuji IX)
-Acid etch whole tooth
-Line with Singlebond (2 layers)
-Restore with Composite resin incrementally (light cure it)
-Pit and fissure sealant...(light cure again)

YEAHHHH... tooth is restored! Doesn't sound that hard huh?? Hmm...maybe not. Its almost exam time so all I can think of is uni stuff.... Will load more interesting things soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds hard to me! ha ha! Just wanna say you hav an interesting blog Vans. A combination of Food & Tooth, hmmm... can lah... Good luck on ur exams. take care.