Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mangoessss and Mickey



Juicy mangoes....yumm yummm.... actually it reminds me of the movie 'Bend it like Beckham' when the auntie said "I'll turn your mosquito bites into juicy mangoes" hHHAHAhhHAa.a... ok no lewd talks here.



My first memory of ever serving a mango sliced this way was after my parents came back from their trip to the Phillipines (WITHOUT us!!!!). They didn't even tell us they were going on a holiday. I still remember that morning very well...it was weird that dad didn't drive us to school and we had to car pool with the neighbours. Then we got home after school...to find grandma waiting for us and letting us know that they've gone away. My poor baby sister held the front door gates and was crying bitterly....as though our parents were going to hear her and come back to get her. My parents have a thing for going away on holidays without telling their children. Which reminded me again when they left me to go tour the USA!!!!! and yes grandma was there to take care of me..i was only 2 then....poor me poor me. But hey, I got a mickey mouse hat with ears on it....and cool MICKEY MOUSE CLUB videos and all.....those were the days....

No comments: